Before your trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro - (or any of the other destinations that GPSTravelMaps.com offers a GPS map)
- Purchase the Mt. Kilimanjaro GPS Map from GPSTravelMaps.com
- Download Garmin Basecamp - free software used to view your tracks.
- Open your Garmin user manual to make sure your device supports collecting a trip log.
- Turn on the trip log.
- Edit the trip log settings.
- Make sure you have enough space on your device to hold the trip logs.
- If you do not have enough space on your device, then we recommend adding an SD card that will hold the trip logs. Make sure the trip logs are being written to the SD card. Again, check your settings in your Garmin GPS device.
Return from your trip -
- Open Garmin Basecamp.
- Open the Kilimanjaro map - View > Map > Product > Kilimanjaro
- Connect your GPS device via a USB cable to your computer.
- Click your device name in the Library and Devices area. (left side Basecamp)
- Click a track on your device. (lower left Basecamp) To select multiple items, hold Ctrl on your keyboard, and click the items.
- Please now watch the video below.
- After you have centered your track, now use screen capture on your computer to take an image of your hike.